Wednesday 4 April 2012

first post!

so my first post, thought id share abit about myself and my work. I'm a final year student at wolverhampton university coming very close to finishing. scary times! so much to do in the next couple of months for assessments, my degree show and New Designers! but hopefully the long days in the studio and late nights will be worth it!
 

so a little bit about my work...
My work is inspired by organic froms especially decayed and eroded surfaces and textures which I explore in my metalwork. Using techniques such as etching, reticulation with patination I aim to create forms that explore the fragility and imperfection as well as the beauty of decayed surfaces.


Reticulated and patinated brass: 2012


I love the uncertainity of using these techniques to create a different effect each time, and never really knowing how something will turn out.
brass: reticulated and patinated test piece



brass: reticulated and patinated test piece

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blue one above. The colour is amazing! All the cracks make beautiful little details and create so much to look at...

    ReplyDelete